KGYAT R-VCR Engines
Making VCR viable in Internal Combustion engine.
The project arm of GYATK for RVCR Engine technology and pilot product development
Rotary VCR I.C.Engine project
Developing the World 1st ever
Fuel agnostic I.C. Engine.
Every individual application project plan is made, and the generic high level (non-confidential) information is made available under a subdomain of KGYAT.
The various heads are discussed below.
The title -
Commercializing RVCR technology based I.C. Engine for primemover applications.
Global engine industry is seeking long term solutions to attain ‘Zero Carbon Goals’. One sustainable concrete way is to reduce and subsequently eliminate emission with green fuels. RVCR technology engines enables this by – simple and easy to achieve wide range VCR.
The option of replacing of fossil fuels with alternative green fuels in engines is hardly being tapped. Considering the existing fuel infrastructure can enable green fuel logistics the propositions seem to be a natural course to be adopted. The supply of green fuels too can be made to match the demand; however, the difficulty lay in the limitation in I.C.Engine technologies to use these fuels.
We bring you the RVCR technology proposition as the solution to overcome this bottle neck in large scale transitioning to alternative fuels. Currently most innovations in this area are based on incremental improvements and design modifications of existing engines to suit desired fuel. This could be Bio-Fuel or LNG or Hydrogen.
Other set of innovations are those chasing the ‘Variable Compression Ratio’ (VCR) feature that allows use of multiple fuels. It’s about a century now since the research of VCR began with Sir Harry Ricardo’s attempts in 1920’s. Almost all global majors experimented with VCR and various models exist, however they remained test models. The complexities of the mechanism requirements of VCR and the limited range of compression ratio variation makes’ them unviable. VCR is hence the holy grail of I.C. engine technologies.
We KGYAT RVCR engines have developed RVCR Deep – tech innovation in Propulsion / Drive systems for Transport and Energy sector applications. Design and commercial R&D in I.C.Engine is high niche specialization dominated by few globally leading companies. It involves high-end engineering excellence, cost, and time intensive processes in customized facilities. The existing Engines are saturating at peak efficiency and performance levels from improvement through a century now. Any increment cost’s multiple millions of dollars and stretch over years.
These technologies are now being innovated to adopt green-fuels like, Biofuel, Hydrogen, LNG, Ammonia etc. Duel fuel engines are now seeing spike in demand in Marine propulsion. Existing Diesel Engines are modified to use Biofuel: Petrol / Gas Engines are modified to use LPG: Similarly marine propulsion engines are being adapted for using LNG and Ammonia as fuel.
Another line of innovations is in the VCR area, however even this too is based on conventional slider crank mechanism. These VCR technologies are extremely complex and has a difficult viability factor for its very high capital and operational cost requirement.
In this scenario the industry is seeking new break throughs and that is exactly what we offer.
The project’s objective is to develop and commercialize RVCR I.C. Engine technology for a primemover applications. We synthesized the knowhow to design and develop systems based on RVCR for industrial application during the initial Phases (I & II) of the project. The proof of concept of the RVCR kinematics and air flow thru-put was demonstrated with a 350CC proto. Our project aims to progressively enhance the RVCR’s ‘Technology Readiness level’ (TRL) for ease of comprehending its potency and viability by industry for adoption and commercialization.
Post Ph II we shifted to the project base to EU, for the phase-III part where the Industrial technological base was ideal for engine technology development. We secured grant funding for technology feasibility study from Europeans Commission’s H2020, however, project got stalled for number of reasons. The post covid recovery plan is to recover momentum of Phase III.
we plan achieve further higher levels of technology readiness. Simultaneously we intend to align newer value chain partners and other stakeholder for the proto development needs. We are set to rebuild the business operations structure in all fronts with collaborative and contractual engagement with the value chain partners. The project intends commercialize RVCR by providing OEM’s and Industry players with RVCR technology solution as a strategic tool to deal with 21st century environmental Market Drivers.
Our key competitive advantage is: –
- Global IPR (from granted RVCR patents in US, UK, EU, and China);
- RVCR knowhow
- competency to develop and deliver ‘pilot products’ Projects.
The RVCR endeavour began in India and adopting a B2B2C model we successfully executed 1st IPR Licensing along with a contract for ‘Prototype D&D services’ to develop a RVCR technology for Automotive application, with Tata Motors Limited (TML). We intent to replicate our ‘Licensing and JV’ success with global OEM’s and manufacturers for creating new market of RVCR powered products.
RVCR is based on a novel concept invention in ‘Mechanisms of Energy-Conversion’. Current Primemovers (I.C.Engines, Electric Motors, Turbines etc.) are based on either ‘Slider-Crank’ or ‘Rotary’ mechanism. These machines were invented about a century ago and are unable to cope-up with demands from ever stricter climate regulations. RVCR Mechanism simplifies the energy conversion process seeding new breed of Primemovers, with lower carbon-footprint, whilst delivering leap in Efficiency and newer adaptive capabilities.
RVCR mechanism based I.C.Engine (I.C.E) allows the long pursued ‘Variable Compression Ratio’ (VCR) feature, key to multi-fuel adaptability (switching from fossil to green-fuels during operation) with ease. This permits for smooth transition from fossil fuel use to green-fuels.
RCVR I.C.E attains never before thermodynamic prosses called Constant Volume Heat exchange (CVHE), Direct torque Transfer and uniform peak efficiency under all load conditions thus enhancing fuel efficiency up-to 27-30%, about 55% miniaturisation, and reduced operations costs up-to 35%. RVCR shall facilitate green-fuel enforceability without being in conflict with fossil-fuel economic structures, for a greener Industry ecosystem.
Our plan is to further develop RVCR technology, build strategic industry relationships and streamline business operations, enabling us to demonstrate RVCR potency to the relevant industry. The existing Virtual models and the prototype will be worked thru the planned course. These include simulation of workings of the virtual RVCR assembly and enhancing testing and trials of the existing prototype.
Further we shall proceed with a TRL-7 proto and TRL-8 Virtual model of a chosen MVP. Ph-III project will help reach threshold readiness for further downstream technical and business processes of integrating RVCR Primemovers into end products. Further we will align initiatives at various level with industry partners/OEM’s, commercialization professionals and Investors. We shall strategically leverage, partially dilution of global RVCR IPR application wise offering Commercial exclusivity for onboarding players into Joint ventures.
While global Industry is further moving towards incremental innovations, we shall cater a green tech alternative for creating new markets of next gen Primemovers for dealing with 21st century market drivers of and Energy Sector
The Opportunity / Industry Pain points
- Globally, authorities are increasingly demarcating ‘Low/Zero Emission Zones’ (LEZ) in cities and ‘Emission Control Areas’ (ECA) maritime zone. The Low power density of batteries is a constraint for its use in the wider Heavy commercial transport Here there is an increasing demand gap in Duel/ Multi Fuel Engines. The conventional fuel rigid technology innovations require highly cost intensive modifications and gadgetries for using green fuel feeds. The industry is highly stressed and desperately seeking breakthrough in viable VCR technology.
- Maritime sector covers 90% of global trade and ships wholly depend on fuel-based Propulsion. Electric storage/ recharging solution remains unviable in their isolated operational environments. Maritime industry is now facing increasing pressure by regulators to limit the amount of CO2, SO2 and NOx emissions produced (Tier III MARPOL 73/78). IMO (International Maritime Organisation) has introduced the ‘Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI) a measure for CO2 produced to transport a ton of cargo per nautical mile and maximum values that ships must comply and Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP) to measure and control GHG emissions from the already existing shipping fleet. This is driving demand for Green-fuel Propulsion systems and Renewable energy Primemover alternatives for Power-Generation. The shell LNG outlook 2019 places LNG demand as the fastest growing in coming decades as a low emission fuel. Massive investments towards alternative green fuel Innovations like ‘Air to fuel’ and ammonia fuel and liquid Hydrogen for maritime by Equinor, BKK, Air Liquide, Wilhelmsen and NorSea are key to Green-fuels reality and the future of green fuel Engines.
- The $5.8 billion and growing Drone and Unmanned Arial Vehicles (UAV) market is pushing demand for compact and very high ‘Power to Weight ratio’ prime movers These currently use Wankel engines or turbine with low fuel efficiencies and high on emission.
- Despite extreme societal pressure for greener ecosystem, the immensity of existing fossil fuel based established economic structures still has a large momentum and supports the global industry, trade, and lively hoods of millions. Any displacing of this dependency faces stiff resistance. Solutions like batteries inadvertently weakens its economic viability by reducing fossil-fuel consumption making it cheaper from abundant supply. This pain point demands a technology that enables a smooth transition from fossil to green systems.
Innovation technical details
The genesis of RVCR is the invention in Machine (Kinematic) Mechanism by Er. Ajee Kamath, which details a new configuration of components of novel geometry, into an assembly of ‘Moving elements’ (ME) and ‘Stationary Elements’ (SE). For nearly 100 years now only 2 types of mechanisms are used in Primemovers, wherein the most prevalent is the ‘Slider-Crank’ in Transport Primemovers and rotary mechanism in wind/ gas turbines. RVCR is a new addition in root mechanisms that simplifies conversion of energy within fluids into mechanical work (and Vice Versa) whilst enhancing efficiency and miniaturization. Energy in fluids – forces the ME to actuate motion of connected links – eventually leading to rotation of power generators or wheels. Improving efficacy of converting fluid forces to torque, is key to RVCR Primemovers.
RVCR Design, configuration & Assembly: –
RVCR uses a bent cylinder, the shape of a torus (hollow doughnut) with a bent Piston (Fig 1) called Vane Piston (VP), that fits rigidly at one end of a hollow sleeve (Fig2). This fitting is called ‘Vane-sleeve’ set (VS). Two VS (VS1 & VS2) are placed facing each other, (angularly displaced) (Fig3a) and mounted on a central shaft and cased inside a hollow toroidal liner (Fig3b). Twisting the sleeve part extruding outward along shaft axis, turns the ‘vanes’ inside the torus. Each VS can individually couple and decouple with the shaft. Fig 4 shows manufactured subassembly of VS on Shaft.
Rotor Sequence control: -. When VS rotates it is coupled with shaft and when decoupled it is rigidly held to ground. Initially one VS (‘VS1’) is coupled and rotated with shaft. It compresses air ahead of it against the stationary ‘VS2’. The position of VS1 inside the casing is referenced by cams mounted on its sleeve to a stationary point. As the rotating vane reaches at proximity of stationary ‘VS’, its position is determined by cam follower that triggers the coupling of the stationary VS to release it from ground and Couple with shaft and synchronously rotate with VS1. Subsequently when the ‘VS1’ reaches the stationary point, VS2 cam triggers and decouples VS1 from shaft and makes it stationary. Now ‘VS2’ and its vane is referenced to stationary point. The pattern is repeated wherein each ‘VS’ rotates alternately with its counterpart being stationery and role reversal happens after a short period of both VS rotating synchronously.
Variable Displacement (Compression Ratio) Methodology: –
The Point where the rotating VP reaches near of stationary VP, before both rotate synchronously, defines the Compression Ratio. The closer the Point to stationary VP, higher the Compression ratio and vice versa. The volume between the two ‘VS’ remains constant during synchronous rotation that facilitates ‘Constant Volume Heat Addition/Removal’ (CVHE) Process. RVCR overcomes the main flaws of Wankel/ MYT rotary systems discussed below.
- sealing issues, Unlike Wankel, RVCR uses piston rings rather than straight line edge seals and side-sealing face is not large flat surface, rather employs tangential spring force sealing.
- Stop/Start of rotors. The clutching in/out of rotor with the shaft/brake is smoothened by gas forces, low rotational inertia due lower RPMs, short clutching stroke & RANS Positive clutching design.(see details in annex).
RVCR 2-Vane configuration is described herein and the 2nd Gen RVCR extrapolates the concept into Multi Vanes wherein fluid process are completed in angular segments of 3600/ number of vane-pairs, allowing as many power strokes simultaneously, as many times, as the number of vane pairings, in one revolution.
Comparison with Competing VCR Engine technologies
VCR technologies have been pursued by almost all industry majors for over a century now (1st attempted by Sir Harry Ricardo, Founder Ricardo UK, 1920). SAAB, Volvo, Nissan, PSA Peugeot-Citroën, Renault, and Global Power train technology leaders like AVL, FEV and MCE-5 of France, Lotus from UK. are invested in VCR methods like Extending Con-Rod/ Crankshaft or entablature Raising/ Tilting Cylinder head/ Bleeding Excessive Compression (See Table2).
Though test models have empirically proven VCR’s ability to deliver ‘Maximum efficiency’ under all load conditions (today engines perform max efficiency only during highway drive on top gear and not in city drives) along with Multi-fuel flexibility, they remain unviable because of complexities of Slider crank Mechanism.
Combustion system involves extreme complexities. RVCR enables single unified chamber design for all possible differing fuels by its easy external control gear for attaining wide range VCR. CVHE combined by the near spherical combustion chamber and High expansion Rates at slow speeds allows highly efficient Otto-, Duel and Diesel Cycles. This opens the way for 1st feasible and viable method for fuel agnostic capability in one single unified Primemover.
RVCR eliminates the need of dedicated grounded link in mechanism by dynamic reorienting of a part of Rotating links intermittently. This is a new dimension in Machine Methodology. It further combines efficiency advantages of ‘Positive Displacement Mechanism’; ‘VCR’ with ‘Direct Torque Transfer’, into one.
Practical feasibility and Economic Viability -
- RVCR Product realization: -Components Manufacturing viability, Critical modules, its geometry were assessed in terms of: – Cost; tooling needs; machining setup; line manufacture using conventional metallurgy & practices for applicability of economics of scale. RVCR has no viability issues. (In comparison Slider-crank Engines require complex set of borings and machining of casing, A-frame, ensuring entablature alignment, its close tolerances, collinearity, straightness, concentricity, main bearing inline boring, the drive accessories and drive chain needs. Additionally, the crank overhang, web & balancer construction and complexity of CAM-shafts, its support, placement, and drives are completely eliminated in RVCR). 90% of RVCR manufacture uses single point cutting tools including the toroidal curved surfaces.
- The existing Industrial technological base; engineering competencies; technical management skills and product customer support, training, and distribution structures, suffice for and can be easily channelled for RVCR. RVCR Primemovers assembling, testing, calibrations and validation integration process into OEM’s products is similar and in-line with existing industrial practices. The integration and Suiting of RVCR Primemovers into End Products do not see any issues as RVCR Primemovers are smaller and easy to configure into all kinds of volume envelope . There are numerous expert engine tuner business to suffice for rapid Ramp up needs.
- RVCR does-not require any change in ‘end user behaviour’ or new learning.
- With regard to accessory systems required for RVCR, standard off-the-shelf systems (fuel, ignition, cooling, turbocharger, tribological, Exhaust) are compatible with RVCR and do not pose adaptability challenges.
- We cover for the entire expertise needs of Pilot Primemover development services starting from initial technology customization assessment, to Project management, Testing, validation, integration & after service.
- The global Regulatory scenarios till 2035 to 2050 on Emissions shows that the introduction of RVCR Mechanism shall reorient green technology strategies globally. RVCR stands out as a viable technology devoid of constructional complexities of Slider-crank Mechanism and turbines. This makes RVCR a realistic, higher efficiency and lower cost solution to deal with 21st century market drivers.
Competitive advantages we leverage: –
- IPR of a breakthrough to leapfrog leaders.
- RVCR knowhow lead
- Pilot product project execution capability.
- A low cost JV projects Strategy.
Early RVCR adoption has strategic Value for OEM’s:
- Ease of Market Entry
- Gain Sustained Market share
- sustained competitive advantage-
- Influence nature and Degree of competition.
Unique Selling Points and approach advantage
Unique Selling Points
- RVCR Technology is the only Gamechanger class solution that delivers strategic gains to OEM (leapfrogging existing Industry front runners and attain global leadership position, while global industry is stuck in incremental innovations. (ref box)
- Our RVCR has no direct competitors and is far simpler when compared to any other alternative deep tech solution.
- RVCR creates new market of Feed-stock Agnostic engines. Its easy to streamline into industry mainstream with products in a foreseeable timeline. We have knowhow of a technological tool to gain total Market Capitalization and the global IPR for ‘Region/segment specific dilution’ to gain wide range of strategic partners in all segments
The Approach advantage: –
- Top-Down vs Bottom-Up: – The transport industry comprises of large corporations dominating individual segments (like passenger car, Long Haul trailer, Tractors) and apply segment specific to innovation. Their elaborate operations architecture with numerous departments for specialized activities does-not allow ‘Top-Down’ technology revamping through new breakthroughs. They are entrenched in deep in-cycle investments in self-developed technologies and its cost intensive incremental innovations of existing systems in their large, centralized facilities developed over decades. We, being an innovation driven startup, are invested in new seed breakthrough concept at the onset of its life cycle and developing core technological skeleton for varied segment-based product applications of entire transport and energy industry.
- Our Drive and Goal: -Unlike established players Industry pushed by ‘need driven innovation’ to adapt to its market needs, we are driven by new possibilities of new breakthrough concept enabling new paradigm in dealing with climate drivers. We have a unique technology solution that helps transitioning the existing business structures for catering to zero emission ecosystem and we have 1st entrant advantage.
Current status of RVCR tech development
RVCR technological case requires correct perspective as TRL is drawn based on straight line evaluation of readiness of innovation to be marketed. The root to RVCR Technology is its ‘Kinetics’ and the integrity and robustness of RVCR to deliver machines operable in Industrial environment is impeccably established and placed higher than TRL6. The realization of product (Prime-Mover) and its use further down-steam in end product for sale is multi-Layered Industrial process and hence TRL at end product would be at a lower level. However, our ‘RVCR technological solution and services’ is placed much higher and RVCR IPR license sale was successfully executed and has generated revenues. Hence ‘RVCR technology solution’ with IPR & Knowhow is a mature services product for procurement by potential clients. The below table summarizes the project milestones and TRL.
Manufacturing Readiness Level is assessed at MRL-5.
All prototype parts since the 1st design and the latter iterations were manufactured. The capability to produce prototype components in a production relevant environment and the industrial base has been assessed and potential manufacturing sources are identified. The manufacturing strategy is refined, and materials, tooling, critical systems, test equipment, as well as personnel skills is demonstrated on components in production relevant environment. Producibility assessments of key technologies are ongoing and cost model for projected manufacturing cost is constructed.
The commercial part
Forceful societal pressures towards sustainable and lower carbon goals are leading to trillions in investments for large-scale diversifying into Renewable/green sources. We see massive investments for convergence of renewable energy through Super Grid for streamlining power demand and supply and reducing reverse spinning margin.
Similarly, green energy source count is increasing, however the critical constraining in the energy jugulars that registers losses are node points of energy conversion. Fractional improvement here has great impact in the cumulative systemic efficiency. RVCR technological innovation is the key to this energy-power-work exchange and stands as a unified solution applicable to the entire transport and Energy ecosystem. RVCR Deep tech endeavor stands as an enabler technology based on superior Physics of mechanism in energy conversion at a crucial juncture. when conventional ones have exhausted all means of any substantial efficiency improvement and are saturating at their theoretical celling limits., RVCR success now will see timely maturation of new solutions clearing the road for next gen Primemover. Ph-II will empower RVCR to add the missing component for achieving of ‘Net Zero Carbon Emission 2050’ goals ‘WITH EASE’.
Market Type, Size and Growth rate
Primemovers market is dynamically reorienting itself rapidly to adapt to global Climate change regulation needs. The shift to electrification, green fuels and renewables within the transport and energy sector is inevitable. We see convergence of new technologies and erasing conventional segment demarcations in each sector. I.C.E markets today cover vast range of equipment’s within various sectors and broad segmentation contours of Engine technology business is discussed below. In land transport it includes passenger cars, SUV, HCV, LCV, long haul trucks, trailers, tractor, rail, Agro-machines, material handling and earth moving equipment etc. The new technology engine development and integration services business has its typicality’s in each of the segment.
Automotive Sector. This is a high-volume market evaluated at over $300 billion globally , $185 billion in passenger vehicle alone, $51 billion in commercial vehicles, $24 billion in off-road, and $40 billion in other applications. OEM’s are at the top of the food chain here and service the end user demand for products. Engines are accessory system of their products. The industry serving OEMs is segregated along following functions.
- Engine Components Manufacturing (generally dedicated to 1 OEM (TIER 1)
- Specialised service for e.g. Emission tech; Engine D&D, test’s/ certification; AI & Auto drive. (TIER-2).
- Suppling non-specialized materials to TIER 1 or OEM, (Seats, Lights) (TIER3)
- Assemblage, Integration, Validation, homologation, sales, Customer support functions. (OEMs).
Automotive segment is sub-segmented into 50-200 HP, 200-300 HP and >300HP. Our target is the Tier II Powertrain Engineering services’ in automotive and road transport market. D&D here has high cost due to saturation of existing technologies and ‘extreme specialization’ involving sophisticated Software’s and competencies. OEM’s focus from its core business activities of Mass manufacturing, branding, marketing, sales, customer support, supply chain management etc.
OEM’s compete on marginal Differentiators gained form fractional improvement in conventional technologies, which again are obscenely cost intensive. We shall address this pain-point and provide a reprieve to OEM’s with new breed of Engines adaptable to future fuels and electrification.
The global Automotive Powertrain Engineering and ‘D&D’ services (including Light, Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicles) market is projected to cumulatively grow at a CAGR of 6.18% , to reach USD 17.86 billion (approx. $13 billion for Powertrain) by 2026, with from an estimated USD 9.81 Billion in 2016. The stringent emission norms, and adoption of new technologies such as hybrid transmission are driving the automotive transmission engineering services outsourcing Market. The top ‘prime-mover technology and engineering services companies are ‘AVL’s, FEV, IAV, Ricardo, Woodward, Sedemac MKS, HORIBA and AeroVironment. New companies with their highly novel engine technologies are MCE-5, Infinity, Grail, Achates Gomacsys, Scuderi, & Liquid Piston. European Automotive Industry is Europe’s key industrial sectors manufacturing nearly one quarter of all the cars in the world employing over 12.1 million people. The market is driven by global megatrends of CO2 and climate legislation and with over 1 billion cars (260 mil in EU alone) Primemover market is enormous
The global ICE market in this sector is highly competitive and diversified due to the presence of many regional and international vendors who are increasingly investing in R&D of eco-friendly engine. Key players are: Caterpillar, Cummins, Doosan Infracore, Hyundai Machinery and MAN. They supply Primemover engines to OEM’s in medium to heavy machinery used in transport, Material-Handling, Earth Moving, Power Generation, marine propulsion etc. These machineries have decades long shelf life and are ‘capital goods’ used for direct revenue generation. The OEM’s of these machines procure their engines from dedicated engine manufacturers who cater to cross-segment applications (depending on power rating and the fuel used).
The These Engines have high output rating than automotive engines. Some high-performance automotive engine ratings (450-600 HP), overlaps with the lower end rating applications of non-automotive sector. These applications are of keen interest to us as it allows to cover wide range industry segments. The global Engines market is anticipated to grow at a steady rate and will post a CAGR of around 7%. Market is set for incremental growth of 230 million units by 2025 in volume.
The major I.C.E industry segment applications are: –
Hybrid drives for locomotives multi occupancy and mass transport utilities which is a rapid growth area driving global hybrid drive market .
The Maritime sector sub-segmented into, 1,001 – 5,000 hp, 5,001 – 10,000 hp, 10,001 – 20,000 hp, and above. The 5,001 – 10,000 hp accounts for the largest market share within engine market, mainly dependent on the shipbuilding industry and a market of strategic interest for us. This includes small ships, recreational vessels ferries, dredgers, fishing trawlers, large tankers. There is a significant rise in LPG/LNG trade which is driving Dual-Fuel Engine demand that uses LPG boil-off while transport.
Energy for power-generation application ranges from domestic, community, commercial, captive plants in industry, marine and powerplants.
Standalone Drives include Agro, pumping, Construction site, special purpose heavy engineering Equipment’s and Machines.
Aviation. The light aviation, drone and UAV applications engines too have similar rating as in light passenger vehicles. These segment players are seeking newer drive solutions with clients open to new prime mover tech opportunities compared to all others in transport sector.
- The Maritime Segment. There exists precedence of acceptability to our business model in this segment. The business structure here includes licensed manufacture of engines by shipyards and dedicated engine Manufacturers.
- The Automotive OEM. We have a precedence here and RVCR will be pitched as an enabler of compact integrable green power-pack supplement to batteries, extending EV/PHEV’s operational range, life/power density & resale value.
- Heavy Commercial vehicles and Locomotive
- Generic Stand-alone Engine Manufacturers. And supply chain partner for product batch manufacture.
We are abreast of newer developments in technologies globally.
- Maritime propulsion trend is towards Dual-Fuel (DF) engines by (MAN_B&W). Hydrogen fuel is being explored for both I.C.Engine and Fuel cell technologies.
- The VCR and new engine technology competitors are in 3 categories: 2 are established industry players with inhouse VCR engine
- OEMs like Peugeot, Citroën, Volvo, Saab, Honda,
- Tier-2 powertrain services companies with focus VCR projects like AVL, FEV.
- 3rd -New engine technologies (Scuderi, Geo-Motors, Liquid Piston, Achates, Lotus)
The Key Automotive industry players, such as Volkswagen, General Motors, and Honda, believe battery-electric to be the propulsion method of the future. Tesla has made electric vehicles their flagship product.
Toyota and Honda remain key proponents of hydrogen fuel cell vehicle. Toyota views plug-in hybrid and battery vehicles as ‘bridge’ to longer-term hydrogen powered future. Hydrogen powered fuel-cell needs rare Earth metal in its construction and has functionality limitations in Low temperatures.
Experiments show feasibility of H2 as fuel in engines to be cheaper and advantageous than Fuel Cell, yet it is not a full-fledged solution for limitations of slider crank mechanism.
In power generation LPG based fuel cell technologies is pursued by bloomenergy.
Our is a B2B2C model focused on getting into ‘Mutually beneficial Symbiotic Relationship’ with strategic Industry partners/ OEMs. We provide background IPR and Technology Integration services contract in consideration to resourse partnering for perticula product development.
We help you with understand the RVCR engine business case which covers: – high-level roadmap; current market evaluation. its dynamics and future projections; and business gains from RVCR in terms of Market share, growth, revenues etc. and most importantly compliance to future climate regulations.
The overall gain is valuated to approximation (setting off cost of Project) which is worked back to the NPV of the project. The project costs also include KGYAT Technology integration service charges (Project operations, D&D, testing, validation, Change Management, Marketing, customer Care) to cover our base cost.
We work on a retainership fee and royalty part which is based on ROI that accrued as receivables to KGYAT after its adjusted for deviations of initially evaluated cost approximations against real cost at agreed milestones. This arrangement provides clients with fair control over costs and serves our prioritising growth over profits motive. This also ensures that the project cost is adjusted in real-time against deviations. This is the route till we have inhouse facility to develop final products independently.
The large-scale commercialization will be achieved by maximizing the RVCR technology coverage of all possible segments ranging from Heavy Land & Maritime transport, Industrial process handling. Several of these applications will be sufficed with the same output rating and Design. But would be treated as separate verticals.
M&A The post Covid scenario and the economic downturn is prompting revamping of conventional approaches. Such re-structuring will be opportunity for RVCR as our operations scaleup. We intent to prioritize merger with a powertrain D&D company 1st to gear up for further opening more fronts. The 1st major gain of strengths in terms of facilities, capabilities, competencies, operations structure, brand value; sales channels, will be leveraged for attracting Sophisticated investors to match the immense potential of growth
The Total Addressable Market (TAM) of RVCR innovation is enormous and the product D&D architecture is tuned around parametric design modules for easy scale up/down of output rating and customizing RVCR systems in multiple ways to suit varying segments. Hence: –
- The TRL 8 proto spec (MVP 75-150 Hp Modular Proto Primemover engine) is carefully deduced to cover ‘across sector’ applications and easy to customize into pilot product to be offered to prospective client OEM’ for seamless Ph III projects.
- Our business operations architecture is modelled for easy to erect parallel teams for a new JV project with OEM’s on short notice. The JV and engagements will be nurtured by prioritizing the aligning of all necessary initiative, interface, and integration processes. Each project will be a segregated vertically.
- We chose RVCR technology Multi–Fuel VCR Engine as 1st Primemover application for commercialization as its design challenges are extreme compared to all other Primemover. This is to ensure D&D capability preparedness for rapid expansion into simpler downstream applications ranging from RVCR Wind/ hydro-motors as they pose lesser D&D stringency and are easy derivatives of Engine Design.
Developers of new Primemovers regardless of the quality of the innovation, are faced with significant barriers. The development cycles of I.C. Engines and suiting them in products is lengthy and costly and Skepticism on performance exists until proven. In case of RVCR Technology this is compounded by the quantum of change involved because of the Degree of Innovation.
RVCR is difficult to bench-mark with existing products and comprehensive evaluation of RVCR requires considerable expertise time. Most Primemover manufacturers are perpetually caught in long-term lifecycle of their internal projects and their Industrial process complexities, making the industry is highly conservative with respect to new technology adoption. our plan to circumvent it is listed below.